10 Most Unbelievable UK Statistics in iGaming
When Mark Twain forged the quote “Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are pliable”, he probably didn’t think of any specific stats or facts. The famous American writer, whose real name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens, dedicated one of his thoughts to the branch of mathematics known as statistics. If you don’t know much about this field of science, often defined as learning from data, you can check out the following 10 most unbelievable UK statistics in iGaming proving that stats do count.
Presenting the Gambling Stats in the UK
- 8 Billion is the Total Gross Gambling Yield in the gaming industry of Great Britain. The figures clearly show that gambling is a strong and profitable industry, with a potential of becoming much bigger than it is nowadays.
- 7 Billion presents the Total Gross Gambling Yield (GGY) in the remote sector. Knowing that remote gambling is the largest sector by GGY, it’s no wonder why the number of online casinos is constantly growing.
- 106,236 is the total number of employees working in the UK gaming industry. It is interesting to mention that 49% of those employees work in the betting sector, while 16% are casino employees.
- 34% is the market share of the remote sector. Over 92% of the GGY in remote sector came as the result of activities in remote casinos (55.5%) and remote bidding (36.8%).
- 8,531 is the number of betting shops in the UK. Top four operators in terms of the largest number of betting shops in Great Britain are William Hill, Ladbrokes, Betfred and Gala Coral, respectively.
- 182,916 represents the total number of gaming machines on which you can play in Great Britain, not counting the ones for which you need to have a local authority permit. Given the number of gaming machines out there, choosing the best online casino in UK for playing online slots requires meticulous research, whereby reading casino reviews can help you make the right choice.
- 583 is the total number of bingo premises in the UK. Mecca Bingo Limited and Gala Leisure Limited dominate this sector with a total share of 4%.
- 5 Billion are contributions (beneficial for the society) from The National Lottery, which presents the lowest level of the National Lottery since 2010.
- 146 is the total number of casinos in Great Britain. The biggest operators in this sector are Rank Group and Genting UK. These two collectively account for 71% of casino premises.
- 6 Million are contributions to good causes from large society lotteries, which are traditionally the smallest market share along with arcades.
The Importance of Gambling Stats
As you can see, gambling stats in the UK provide amusing and valuable information related to the gambling market and gaming habits of UK players. And since gambling comes with potentially unwanted consequences such as addiction, gambling regulatory bodies often take statistics to make sure gambling is safe and all information are compliant and up-to-date.